The In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) program is a federal, state, and locally funded program designed to provide assistance to those eligible aged, blind, and disabled individuals who, without this care, would be unable to remain safely in their own homes. IHSS provides services according to the IHSS recipient’s ability to perform daily activities, and can include feeding, bathing, dressing, housekeeping, laundry, shopping, meal preparation and clean up, respiration, bowel & bladder care, moving in and out of bed, rubbing the skin (to prevent skin breakdown), accompaniment to medical appointments, paramedical services, and protective supervision.
IHSS recipients are responsible for locating their own independent providers, for hiring and supervising their independent providers, and for firing the independent provider if the services are not performed according to the client’s specifications. Additionally, Public Authority Services by Sourcewise maintains a registry of individuals available to work as independent providers.
To be eligible for IHSS, you must be receiving Medi-Cal, be blind, disabled, or 65 years of age or older, AND be unable to live at home safely without help. If you are not currently receiving Medi-Cal, please contact the Santa Clara County Social Services Agency’s Assistance Application Center (408) 817-6000 for further details about Medi-Cal eligibility.
IHSS Social Workers determine if you qualify for IHSS by assessing your functional need for specific services and by identifying the amount of time to be allotted for the performance of services. Depending on the amount of your monthly income, you may be required to pay a share of cost for these services.
To apply for IHSS, call the Santa Clara County IHSS offices at 408-792-1600 and provide the following information:
CALL THE IHSS MAIN NUMBER 408-792-1600:
FOR DIRECT DEPOSIT OF PROVIDER CHECKS, CALL 1-866-376-7066
CALL PUBLIC AUTHORITY SERVICES FOR THE FOLLOWING:
Also visit our website at www.pascc.org
CALL 408-350-3251 FOR THE PUBLIC AUTHORITY REGISTRY WHEN:
- You want to apply to join the Public Authority Registry as an Independent Provider
- You are a Public Authority Registry provider and you start or stop working or go on any type of extended leave
- You want to remove your name from the Public Authority Registry
- You want to make an appointment for a Public Authority Registry interview
- You want to speak to the Public Authority Registry staff
- You change your address, phone number, name, etc.
*If you are a Public Authority Registry provider and you are reporting your work availability once every month,
CALL 408-350-3290 FOR BENEFITS WHEN:
- You need information on your eligibility for medical, dental, or vision benefits and the service providers of
- You need to request enrollment packets to apply for benefits
- You need to know the eligibility criteria and cost of coverage
- You need information on the free ECO PASS
CALL 408-350-3206 WHEN:
- You want to sign up for home care provider training
CALL 408-350-3252 FOR THE PROVIDER ENROLLMENT PROCESS WHEN:
- You have a client who wants you to work for them and you need information about the state requirements
for becoming an IHSS provider
- Visit the Public Authority Services website at: ihss.pascc.org to begin the enrollment process
CALL 408-678-3300 FOR UNION LOCAL 521
IHSS Social Services
1888 Senter Road
San Jose, CA. 95112
IHSS Social Services
P.O. Box 11018
San Jose, Ca. 95103-1018